15 Tips To Start 2018 With A Healthier Body & Mind
A new year means a brand new leaf to turn over, it means letting go of all the mistakes you did in 2017, and the regrates for the things you didn’t do, and just start over.
But, to start over you need your energy bar to be to it’s fullest, So here are 15 Tips To Start 2018 With A Healthier Body & Mind:
- Move more. Even small movements can make tremendous amounts of difference. Instead of using the remote, get up and change the channel. Simple, small things make a long lasting change.
- Cut fat. Start by buying lower fat milk or trimmer meats. Those are two easy ways to start cutting back on fat, and you will never know the difference.
- Quit smoking. Smoking has proven to take 10 years off of your lifespan. By quitting smoking you will feel better, have more energy, and loss that smoker’s cough as well.
- Reduce stress. This is a tough one and a big one for most people. Reducing your stress means either cutting stressful situations out of your life or dealing with stress differently. Incidentally, exercise can do both.
- Avoid excessive drinking. A wine a day can keep the doctor away, but a keg will move you next door to the undertaker. Binge drinking is a killer on your liver, and on your life.
- Stay positive. A positive outlook on life is one of the major characteristics of healthy people. Focus on the good in life, what is going right, and let the negative thoughts pass you by.
- Baby step changes. Make small changes that you can and will do. Healthy lifestyle changes are about what you will and won’t do, not about what you can and cannot do.
- Buy whole foods. Whole foods contain all the nutrients and vitamins that are often lost during processing. They also often contain much more fiber, which is key to weight loss.
- Buy a new pillow. Many people do not realize that their lack of sleep can often be correct by a $20 pillow. If you have to fold your pillow to keep your head up at night, toss it.
- Take time to stretch. Stretching not only increase blood flow throughout the body which gives you energy, it also keeps you limber and aids in the release of serotonin (the feel-good neurotransmitter).
- Laugh. People who laugh for approximately 15 minutes a day tend to live longer, healthier, and happy lives. It can also help you lose up to 4 pounds a year, isn’t’ that a laugh?
- Hug. The concept of the power of touch has been around for centuries. The act of hugging provides a sense of connecting and closeness that all humans need. It is also a great stress reliever.
- Ease up on the caffeine. Too much caffeine will run your nerves raw. It also has adverse long-term effects on your brain. Moderation is the key. If you have to have two pots of coffee a day, make sure the second one is decaf.
- Let it all out. Have an emotional vomit session with someone. Keeping emotions in leads to emotional eating, which leads to depressed mood, which leads to more emotional eating…get the picture?
- Enjoy the sun. The sun has many benefits, one of which is that it increases our mood and helps to fight depression.